The sheet mask selfie, as sported by celebrities including Bella Hadid and Katy Perry, is now the hottest look on Instagram. Sheet masks are the newest and trendiest products in the skin care industry and there’s one for every skin type, need, and desire. You’re probably already aware of the popular cotton sheet masks - the almost transparent, face-shaped ones that you leave on your face for 20 minutes, remove, and then massage the scented serums into your skin. This product soared in popularity due to its ability to deliver skin a potent hit of nutrients in a short amount of time.
Hydrogel sheets masks are a stronger and improved version of the cotton sheet mask - they lock in moisture better, stick to your face like a second skin, offer greater hydration, and deliver longer-lasting results!
What is hydrogel?
Hydrogel is made out of plant based cellulose, which feels gel-like to touch. As the name suggests, hydrogel is a gel that is able to hold large amounts of liquids - up to 99%! It is commonly used in the medical field to treat burns as it speeds up the healing process while cooling the affected area. It is also used for wound dressing and acts as a hydrating bandage, soothing and protecting wounds from inflammation and any growth of bacteria. All of these properties make hydrogel the ideal product to use in facial sheet masks.
What are the benefits of using a hydrogel sheet mask?
Does having smooth, radiant, plump, luminous, and more hydrated skin in just 20-30 minutes sounds good to you? Then hydrogel facial sheet masks are the product for you.
So how does your skin actually benefit from wearing a hydrogel sheet mask? Due to the plant-based gel material and superior adhesive properties, your skin is able to absorb nutrients from the serums inside the mask andfrom the mask itself. The mask is drenched in comforting serums that work to perfect and hydrate your skin. These sheet masks boost cellular function, which in turn slows down the aging process, resulting in a more radiant and youthful complexion.
The main benefit of a hydrogel facial sheet mask is that it delivers a serious boost in skin hydration levels which effectively reduces wrinkles, fine lines, and even acne breakouts. The gel texture also has a cooling, soothing feel which adds a refreshing burst of hydration to your skin care routine.
How do I use a hydrogel sheet mask for best results?
For best results, apply your hydrogel sheet mask to clean skin and follow these steps:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and rinse your face with warm water.
- Exfoliate your skin to remove any dead skin cells.
- Use a toner. Toner helps prepare your skin to absorb the hydrogel properties. If you don’t have toner, then don’t worry; your skin will still benefit from the sheet mask’s serum.
- Open the packet that contains the sheet mask and carefully remove from the packaging.
- Apply the sheet to your face starting from your forehead - be careful not to get any bubbles in the sheet mask. You can use any leftover serum in the packet to rub into your neck and other parts of your body needing a moisture boost.
- Relax for 20-30 minutes and let the face mask do its magic.
- Pat any remaining serum into your skin until it has been absorbed.
- Use the sheet mask once a day, or 2-3 a week for best results.
It’s as simple as that! Can it get any easier to pamper your skin? Hydrogel sheet masks come in a range of different formulas that range from hydrating to brightening. They all deliver nourishing ingredients deep into the skin for a truly spa-worthy glow! Try a full range of options to get your skin in top condition.